Corporate Vision of Isuzu Motors Limited, a corporation organized and existing under the laws of Japan ("Isuzu", "we", "us", "our"), is "A leader in transportation, commercial vehicles and diesel engines, supporting our customers and respecting the environment." Under this Vision, our mission shall be "A global team delivering inspired products and services committed to exceeding expectations."
What Personal Data We Collect
We collect the following types of personal data:
- Contact data (e.g., name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, post code, company name, department, job title);
- Purchase and customer service history (e.g., date of purchase, vehicle details, vehicle status);
- Financial data (e.g., payment data, bank account data; balance sheet; income; and credit score, billing data);
- Vehicle data (e.g., vehicle Identification Number (VIN), device and service usage, vehicle configuration details, vehicle technical data, vehicle location data);
- Online activities data (e.g., browsing actions and usage patterns, log, cookie);
How We Use Personal Data
We process your personal data for the following purposes linked with each legal basis defined by the EU GDPR:
- 1. Where you have given us your consent*:
- • To conduct direct marketing; and
- • To inform you about our activities and upcoming product information, services, our newsletters.
- * Where we process your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time; provided, however, such withdrawal shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before you withdraw your consent.
- 2. Where necessary to fulfill obligations under a contract or take steps linked to a contract:
- • To fulfill the terms and agreements of order or service contract; and
- • To provide you with customer support, respond to your enquiries, fulfill your requests and provide you with customer services (e.g., maintenance order, repair your vehicle).
- 3. Where necessary to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, provided that your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests:
- • To send your personal data to distributors/dealers as requested (e.g., for business purposes, appointments to purchase vehicle related products);
- • To follow up with customer's enquiry/request;
- • To improve our websites, applications, services, and customer experiences; and
- • To ensure that IT security including detecting and preventing fraud.
In addition, we may also use your personal data when required to meet legal obligations.
How We Share Your Personal Data
- Isuzu group companies
Please refer to a full list of Isuzu group companies from the link below:
Principal Overseas Subsidiaries, Affiliates and Offices
- Isuzu authorised distributors/dealers
Please refer to a full list of Isuzu authorised distributors/dealers from the link below:
- Third party service providers
Please refer to the categories of third party service providers as below:
- • IT hosting vender;
- • Cloud service vender; and
- • Telemarketing.
- Other disclosures
We may also share your personal data with relevant recipients for the following purposes:
- • to comply with applicable law to respond to requests from public and government authorities;
- • to cooperate with law enforcement or for other legal reasons; and
- • to protect your rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates or subsidiaries, us or others.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
We may transfer your personal data through the channels to, and store such data in, other countries, which may have different data protection laws and regulations than the country in which the data was provided. Your personal data may also be processed by staff working for Isuzu group companies, distributors/dealers or third-party service providers, operating outside the country where the data was collected.
In case the personal data, whose data subjects are located in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), are transferred to non-EEA countries, we will ensure such countries have adequate level of data protection required under GDPR. (For example, the European Commission has adopted adequacy decision on Japan, where our headquarter is located and majority of personal data is stored/processed.)
For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we will take appropriate safeguard measures including: applying standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, obtaining consent from the data subject, or performing data transfer agreed on contracts.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for as long as required to meet business needs for which it was collected, or to meet any legal or contractual obligations.
Our retention periods are determined considering: the purpose for which we process your personal data, the nature, sensitivity and amount of the data, the potential risk of unauthorized use or disclosure of the data, the applicable laws or regulations.
Your Rights as the Data Subject
Data protection laws or regulations in each country may grant the rights of data subjects. In particular, those who live in the EEA have the following rights under the GDPR:
- • Right of access;
You have the right to access your own personal data which we process and related information including: our purposes of the processing, categories, recipients, or the criteria used to determine retention periods, and the source of the data, if not directly obtained from you. You may also request a copy of your personal data in an electric form, or provision of information orally as long as your identity is proven by other means.
- • Right to rectification;
You have the right to rectify any inaccurate personal data concerning you or provide supplementary information to complete the incomplete personal data that we process.
- • Right to erasure;
When your personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected, or you withdraw the consent on which processing is based and where there is no other legal basis, or in certain cases, you have the right for your personal data to be erased.
- • Right to restriction of processing;
When you want us to establish accuracy of your personal data, or in certain cases, you have the right to restrict/suspend our processing of the data.
- • Right to data portability; and
Where we process your personal data based on your consent or the contract with you, you may ask us a copy of that information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form. You may also ask us to transmit your personal data directly to another data controller if technically possible.
- • Right to object
Where we process your personal data based on our legitimate interests, you have the right to object our processing of data including profiling or direct marketing that are conducted using those data. (We will include an unsubscribe button in any marketing emails so that you can easily raise unsubscribe request if you wish and we will promptly action that request.)
If you wish to exercise any of your data privacy rights, please address our Legal Department described in "Contact Us" section. We will complete your request within one month of the receipt unless there is any specific reason for delay.
Complain to a Supervisory Authorities
If you remain unsatisfied with our response to your request, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority, in European countries you live, work or an infringement of the GDPR occurs.
We provide support in case you have any data privacy related questions or concerns, or wish to exercise any of your data privacy related rights. For such cases, please contact following department:
Data Protection Officer
Isuzu Motors Limited
6-26-1 Minami-Oi, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 140-8722 Japan