Target and achievement
(Isuzu group companies)
Reduction of CO2 emissions -- Changes in CO2 emissions per sales unit in 10 domestic companies and 13 foreign companies of Isuzu production group
CO2 emissions per sales unit : Reduction of 5% or more from FY2010 by FY2015
FY 2014 Achievements
CO2emissions amount : 534,000tons
CO2 emissions per sales unit: 28.4 tons/hundred million yen (14% reduction from FY2010)
Isuzu reduced CO2 emissions in various activities in FY2014 despite an increase of production in Japan. This has successfully led to lower CO2 emissions per sales unit across the Group.
Also, energy consumption in the overseas production group increased by new plant launches and a cold snap in North America and as the result, CO2 emissions increased.
Reduction of waste - Changes in amount of final landfill wastes in 10 domestic companies and 13 foreign companies of Isuzu production group
Amount of landfill wastes (tons)/Total waste (tons) = 1% or less by FY2015
(Applied only for Isuzu domestic production group)
FY 2014 Achievements
Amount of landfill wastes (tons)/Total waste (tons) :
1.26% (All Isuzu production group)
0.35% (Isuzu domestic production group)
* Amount of final landfill waste: 2,851 tons (Domestic production group: 557 tons)
The final landfill waste was increased in FY 2013 due to the Great East Japan Earthquake. But in FY 2014, it succeeded to reach the target in domestic production group by initiatives of reduction for landfill waste.
Isuzu will continue current initiatives of landfill waste reduction and keep the target late.
Power-saving Initiatives in Logistics
Reduce energy consumption (per unit*):By 1.0% or more compared to FY2013
* Per unit: Energy consumption (crude oil equivalent kl)/Net sales of Isuzu Group (millions of yen)
FY 2014 Achievement
Reduce energy consumption (per unit):By 1.0% compared to FY2013
- ・Increased efficiency of truck transportation
- ・Management of transportation according to the payloads of the trucks
- ・Improvement on transportation of export containers
- ・Increasing transportation by trailers with better container filling rate
- ・Promotion of modal shift
- ・Increased marine transportation in cooperation with dealers in transportation of product vehicles
- ・Promotion of use of the foldable racks on return
- ・Reduced material usage and improved transportation efficiency by expanding the range of usage of the racks.
- ・Reduced the amounts of packaging materials by making it possible to carry more parts in less space
- ・Promotion of eco-driving
- ・By cooperating with the logistic companies, energy conservation driving, and the fuel consumption management are promoted.